ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Friday 18 July 2014

TRIO. (18/07/14)

I was really sick last night. It was my own fault, I rarely buy ‘Ready Meals’ but succumbed to idleness earlier in the week and got a Chicken Supreme. I had forgotten all about it but whilst sorting through cheese and fruit for lunch yesterday I found it. It had defrosted but the vac-pac bit hadn’t expanded so I thought in for a penny and gave it a good blast in the microwave. It tasted bland and I shall not be buying another Mr Findus, I was chundering away something awful for a couple of hours.

After getting to sleep I had an uninterrupted six hours. I can’t remember when that last happened, I must throw up more often. It was annoying because it coincided with the one cloudless night of the year and I want some time lapse star trails to pop in my video folder. “Bother and bless my soul.” I said when the dogs woke me up at five. “I’ve overslept and overlaid.”

I was going to have a good rant but can’t be bothered. Hague has gone; his only fault that I could see is that he did little as Foreign Secretary and for that we should be thankful. When he did something he used to drone on and on till folk just nodded off. Gove has gone and not before time. Teaching is a difficult job and they need support not a good kicking from a bloke that knows sod all about it and has a face like an alien after a bad confrontation with a bus. He is a bloke you would walk miles to another pub to because of. He’s a pillock. I’m warming to this rant so will stop before I get into the other smug bastards. Just in case you are wondering Dithery has appointed lots of ladies to his cabinet. I wonder why? Is the misogynist reformed? No. He is out for Mr Cameron. Creepy little, polished faced excuse for both a man and Prime Minister.

It is wall to wall sunshine here after a week of misty, cloudy, drizzly weather. It is windy, twenty to thirty miles per hour.

harebell   Summer is here I was wondering where the Hare Bells had gone. Whilst I was sleeping the sleep of the just they must have got their act together. There are hundreds in bloom today. Gorgeous little flowers they are.

I pop all flowers into this action. It’s like Photoshop's version of a Macro from years ago or what I suspect are called Apps now. I record the key strokes and then name it flower then when I have a flower I just click. I’ve altered it to make the bevel bigger. Not sure that was a good idea.

I was hoping to go out macroing tiny flying things but it is just too windy. I am still trying for a two minute time lapse movie. I found the waves annoying as I’m sure you did. I think I have solved the problem.

_V0G6400    This is a normal exposure of Sango Sands today.  (f11, I/60s ISO100)

_V0G6402     I know it looks the same bar a colour shift and a bit of a vignette. This one is a fifteen second exposure. Now a thousand of the latter would make the tide come in on time lapse and I and folk could see it in under a minute. I think I’m sorting the job. The problem is that the camera batteries will die on me. I shot twenty frames today which is less than a second of video. It works for those that want to do it.

These big black filters are the very devil to use. You have to frame up and then block the eyepiece and dial in ten times your exposure. before you fit them. I thought sod that and used an incident light meter. I have one for medium format. If you try this block the view finder or stray light messes the job up.

Have a great weekend.

27 comments:

  1. Hi Adrian Sorry to hear you were sick. the Harebell is stunning and a perfect frame for it. I like the next shots better than the one after it. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, this was uninduced vomiting. I'm used to the normal sort. Three bottles of wine chased down with a bottle of Scotch. Plus whatever beer. Well that's normal feeling badly.
      Hare bells are spot on. They are my summer.

      Delete
  2. Poor Michael Gove! Nobody likes him. For four years he has been the nation's educational "expert" but now he's moved on to something else... like a hurricane leaving devastation in its wake. I think Big Dave should have made that Liverpudlian hussy Esther McVey his Chief Whip instead of Gove. Gove will look ridiculous in leather thigh boots and a corset.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YP. If nobody likes him? then why did he last this long? Teachers could have got rid of him by striking. I know they have precious little time to withdraw their labour in but if they felt strongly enough. Surely they could have ridded him. No Bottle I put it down to

      Gove looks ridiculous. That comes with Gove. A living example of a wanker. Not often you find them but they are worth remembering.

      Delete
  3. I am told that there are apps (sorry about that) that convert exposure times. So you could expose as normal, plod on the filter, and access the app for an equivalent time. I would try it, but I am missing both the 10 stopper and the smart phone. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AC, Photoshop will drag a couple of stops. I'm looking at twelve stops for this.
      AC, you don't understand.

      Delete
  4. Well, I'm glad you don't eat Findus every day, Adrian, but it's good that you're feeing better. As for Gove (to take just one of your rants, and politics aside) the poor bugger can't help how he looks! I'd change lots of things about me if I could (and no. I'm not resorting to facelifts, Botox or anything like that because I think it's vain and just plain wrong. Plus, I can't be bothered).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frances,
      Findus is like, well like eating shite or warmed up cardboard.
      I am in love with the girl parked next door. What she looks like.....Well; were I twenty years younger I'd fight folk for her. She comes out snapping with me but her husband or boss doesn't need to worry. He does. I told him she is far too young for me and only has little tits but wonderful hips. I hope he was reassured.
      I don't think he has taken to me yet. I often find that; saying what you see and think upsets folk.
      Never met Gove but like Cameron he amazes me. Surely someone has given them a good punch.
      My nose and teeth are every which way from rugby alone. Some scars were just from altercations in pubs or with the bouncers that were trying to eject me.
      I can't imagine any of the current front bench in a bit of a tussle.

      Delete
  5. I couldn't stand that man, Gove, but, he has already done it. Thanks for Photoshop, they can do anything, a bad picture is a lovely one. Not that I was saying it about your photos, they are terrific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A complete wanker Gove was Bob
      You can say what you think about my snaps.I do about yours.

      Delete
  6. Funny how the Twitter picture of Gove showed him at a teachers demo, but that is tories for you, hypocrites the lot. The latest cabinet shuffle is just window dressing for the next election in which less then 35% of the population will vote. The sole reason Gove stayed was because he was Ditherys friend.
    Personally stay clear of those Findus things horses never taste good in the microwave:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Douglas, I wish there were a choice of parties. I really can't see anyone from either side who is worth electing.
      I shan't be having another ready meal any time soon.

      Delete
  7. Adriaan it is always different than you expect, but it is good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adrian, I think I heard you throwing up from here...or maybe it was the thunderstorms and torrential rain that kept me awake?

    Maybe the new members of Dithery's coven are a little easier on the eye than their predecessors but I don't suppose that for one minute anything new that they conjure up will be much of an improvement on the last offerings.

    Lovely shot of the pretty little Harebell and the first one of the beach, the other one makes my eyes go funny!!

    I hope you manage to get the time lapse sorted, it should be interesting!

    Have a good weekend...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trevor, any one has to be easier on the eye than Gove. I leave Milliband out as he is an alien, perhaps Gove is.
      I think the tripod was blowing about a bit too much. I'll see if I can run six hours of long exposures later. I got up at midnight but it was too cloudy for star trails.

      Delete
  9. You can get a very unpleasant experience from eating something that is slightly off. It's good that you recovered quickly. I like your rant .Too many of our politicians are completely incompetent and after that immoral and corrupt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red, it's rare that anything upsets me but that chicken did.
      Yes they are a revolting lot are politicians.

      Delete
  10. Serves you right for eating chicken that had been defrosted for goodness knows how long. Honestly Adrian, where do you keep your brains? That rant about Findus was very unfair - it wasn't their fault that you were so stupid.AND no, I do not have shares in the company.

    As for Mr. Gove - that was a nasty thing to say about how he looks, Yes, he did a lot that was wrong but there is another side to the teaching profession. I saw teachers that were totally useless when I worked in school - infact they should never have been teachers in the first place - so there are always two sides to any story.

    Take the dogs for a long walk- that should get rid of any more bile. I still find you very funny for all that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat, only three or four days. I used to hang pheasant for a week before skinning and eating them. Beef I used to love it when it has gone a black colour on the outside. The middle bit melts in the mouth.
      I was educated by several useless teachers but was inspired to keep learning by three brilliant ones. They couldn't abide dealing with discipline whilst trying to inspire. Gove has never played rugby. He is an awful man who is lucky he has never had a good slap. I've never seen such an opinionated wimp gain public office and hang onto it for so long.
      I have we have been on the beach for hours. You are a day behind me. The dogs are ringing wet, they like little waves.

      Delete
    2. Sorry Pat, I missed the 'W' off ringing. I also forgot to use the 'W' word for Mr Gove.

      Delete
  11. Adrian, you have the the most disgusting eating habits! I wouldn't feed that lot to my dog.
    We all have opinions and are opinionated too - just read your blogs. AND you can be very rude and hilarious at the same time - how can that be? What has Rugby got to do with anything? I have never played rugby either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat, I was ten before I knew what a fridge was. The sniff test is what I still use. Cow lamb and deer are all the better for being left a day or two. Pigs and chicken are best the same day.
      I don't mean to be funny. I try to be serious.
      Rugby is a great sport. Men can knock seven shades of hell out of each other, go for a bath or shower. Then get together and drink a gallon of beer.
      I suspect it's why it doesn't appeal to ladies or men that are wimpy.

      Delete
  12. Oddly enough, I like both of them Both have great light, but one is more subdued.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria, the second with smooth waves will make a better time lapse. Chopping with time lapse is annoying.

      Delete
  13. oh this landscape it's so beautiful as in a dream, I love your pics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Around the Mediterranean you have the same. The light here is either non existent or too bright. Such is life.

      Delete