ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Monday 8 August 2016

A LENS CHANGE. (08/08/16)

I fancied a change this morning so mounted the TS-E 24mm. This is a lens I ought to use more It focuses at a minimum of about half a foot, less with an extension tube and the aperture is from f3.5 to f22 shut right down. It is a really great lens. Before I get into today's pictures I thought I’d show you before and after versions of yesterdays landscape._MG_6737
As shot but with white balance corrected and of course compressed for the web.
NIKDB Run through NIK HDR one shot and dodged and burned. This isn’t an exact copy of yesterdays image as I deleted it by mistake and did it again.
On to todays pictures.
_MG_6740
FOXGLOVE.
_MG_6742
RAGWORT.
_MG_6745
RASBERRIES.
These are abundant this year and I have been getting a handful or two most days for the last fortnight.
_MG_6746_MG_6747 I am still deliberating I’ll update this post if I come to a conclusion. I popped these on a gatepost as the ground was too wet to lie on. The grass is there to prop them up.
I’ll leave you with a picture of a Garden or Cross Spider; Araneus diadematus. It has spent the morning weaving a web from my monitor to the side of an overhead cupboard. It was interesting as up until it had finished there was a big blob of silk in the centre and then in under a minute it was gone and she settled down to await a hapless fly.

_V0G0347

Could it settle down with a top or front view? Not a hope.

18 comments:

  1. Extra good pics today. The first shows the dynamic range of modern sensors. I assume you shoot in RAW or at least you did for that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, this camera is getting on a bit now it's a 5D II. I always shoot RAW even for timelapse but then a use sRAW.

      Delete
  2. The countryside is so beautiful, it doesn't look real. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie, I like playing with images so they are rarely real.

      Delete
  3. I'm jealous. My raspberries have been rubbish this year.
    Love the spider detail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are growing wild John. I have never seen as many.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful work. By the way, the people who complain about digital editing never complained about darkroom technique. Tools are tools.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill, probably because they never used them, they just got the film developed and printed.
      I treat image manipulation as part of the entertainment. I also use flash as often as possible. It does take time but then it is my hobby.

      Delete
  5. Ever the inventive one with those fungi images, Adrian! The spider is a real cracker of an image too - in fact they all are.

    Thanks to your inspiration (thank you!), I've been playing with HDR myself and just done a post on my blog featuring my first attempts - I've given you an honourable mention, and a link!

    Best wishes - - - Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richard. I see you have been having a good time. Thanks for the plug.

      Delete
  6. Fantastic images Adrian. It's a fascinating comparison between the first and second image too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Douglas, I am still surprised but shouldn't be as when one sees how much more information there is in a RAW file it is there to be exploited. You don't have to go to such extreme lengths but I can't help myself.

      Delete
  7. ou can certainly tell from your shots how mush your enjoy photography and manipulation of the shots. Your close ups are superb and it is grat to see the differences in the 1st two shots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, I really ought to get out more.

      Delete
  8. Amazing images Adrian!! I love the contrast between the first and correct image. i wish we had a device that would capture the image just as we see it. Probably, include a bit of the emotions we feel as well? Excellent spider!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruby, yes smell would be a useful addition.

      Delete
  9. Interesting the difference between the first two shots. The fungi images are beautiful, sort of soft and mystical. The spider looks less threatening from that angle so I like him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pauline I like the fungi. I'll try and do some more. I'll have to dig the flash bracket out or take a stand with me as I run out of hands with the camera in one and the flash in the other.

      Delete