ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Thursday 3 January 2019

WINTER TREE WITH LIGHTS.

Oh what fun I am having with Blender 2.8. The video  sequence editor accepts nothing by menu. It will accept video if I drag and drop, I usually render a frame at a time and select the stills as a job lot to import, I can't make it play. I hope they haven't forgotten the VSE as Fusion is free.
The EEVEE render engine is superb. The following video is rendered in it at 2K and at about twelve seconds a frame unbelievably quick. The old cycles engine though much better is overkill for video,  though visually much better for a still image of a composite. This video has volumetric lighting, particles and bloom which is new or something I've never seen in previous versions. It's like a posh foggy look. Really gave the old system a pasting. 
This is a demo from blender, they are great for getting the feel of the software. I don't load by Appending I drag and drop into a cleared 3D screen. Appending stuff is fine but it's all too easy to miss a bit. 2.8 is still in Beta so far from user friendly or at least friendly to this user. It seems everything has changed, mostly for the better. It is stable but roll on the final release and thank you to all the developers.

It passes time on cold murky days.

6 comments:

  1. Impressive and just a little scary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graham, It's nice to work with proper artists material.

      Delete
  2. Spectacular in performance, but I would imagine quite frightening in the creation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard, the modelling and lighting would take half a day or so.

      Delete
  3. Maar het is al heerlijk om ermee te oefenen, het resultaat mag er zijn ik doe het je nog niet na.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Schaam je, de maker van Blender is Nederlands

      Delete