ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Sunday 25 August 2019

MUSHROOM.

It's getting to guessing time of year again. The harvest here is in full swing and the fungi are starting to appear.
I am going to guess these are Shaggy Scalycaps but have a niggling feeling that the stalk should also be scaly and these are smooth. I can't find my fungi book and don't remember lending it to anyone.
Not to worry, have a good week.


















8 comments:

  1. Had a Google for Shaggy Scalycaps pictures and they do appear to have scaly stalks. Hope you find your book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, they aren't Parasols but maybe one of the Boletes. In the morning I'll have a look at the gills and get a spore print. I too had a Google but lost the will to live after looking at two or three dozen scaly fungi and five times that number of non scaly ones.

      Delete
  2. I take it you are crop harvesting and not fungi harvesting? Hope you find your book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pauline, yes barley. There is a bit of wind and rain damage but we'll see.

      Delete
    2. No point in asking me. I can barely remember that Mombretia are now called Crocosmia. Which is completely irreverent or irrelevant or both.

      Delete
    3. Graham, got one back in the van and am waitig for a spore print. Despite what I thought earlier I'm tending towards Parasols.

      Delete
  3. I have asolutely no idea what they are, Adrian, but I do know that I wouldn't attempt to eat one! Was at a talk on fungi the week before last. It was fascinating and the guy brought in some spore prints, but I daren't take up another interest! Best wishes - - - Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard, I have a better picture as a fox or Badger knocked them over. Pretty sure it's a Parasol.

      Delete