ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Thursday 12 May 2016

VERY BUZZY. (12/05/16)

It’s been a few days since I posted  as I’ve been very busy trying to get macro video of Bees. I did try at 1:1 but it was beyond my ability. The canon 5D does take reasonable frameage, batteryage call it what you will but it has severe disadvantages. I have to shoot in bright light as I stop right down for depth of field but then I can’t see the screen as the sun obliterates it no mater what contrast I set the screen to. I have a bit of folded cardboard but it gets in the way. I will try it tethered to the laptop if the wind drops and I can train a bee to stop in focus and frame. Eventually I gave the macro a miss and used the 400mm lens with about an inch and a half of extension tube. I think I have enough timeage to cause a bit of a buzz.
Here are a few snaps that I took last Saturday and had forgotten about.
_MG_4284
Female Great Spotted Woodpecker. These are hard to find as they don’t tap as loudly as the males.
_MG_4289
I think this is a small Grass spider and a couple of flies on a Daffodil.
_MG_4288
Wood Sorrel. I flashed at this to add a bit of mystery, I ought to have removed the bit of twig but was concentrating on flashing.
Now back to video editing. I am getting a bit sick and tired of looking at out of focus bees, I’ll keep plugging away and hopefully post on either Friday or Saturday.





10 comments:

  1. Bees are very uncooperative with their rapid flitting to and fro.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, at least they are a reasonable size. I ought to have started with snails.

      Delete
  2. Love these photos. The twig adds a bit of interest too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie, good to see my lack of gardening appreciated.

      Delete
  3. Great you got a sot of the woodpecker and I love those wild flowers Adrian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret it's not often i notice the females. Wood Peckers anyway.

      Delete
  4. If you got the time I reckon you should stake out the tree the woodie is on. There's plenty of marks on the trunk, it could be a very popular 'display' tree for a male too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Douglas, I have seen males on it. They have too much choice here. There are half a dozen ten to fifty foot dead trees plus several beech with dead branches. I also have three potential nest sites but no sign of regular use at any of them. I'll keep looking.

      Delete
  5. I so love the daffodil. Reminds me of my father. Wonderful image Adrian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynda, I hope your father wasn't bright yellow.

      Delete