ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Saturday 25 August 2018

SO FAR SO GOOD.

The new combine is performing well after a few teething problems. The pain in the arse New Holland has gone and the John Deere arrived and is working.... Was working, as I write this I see it has stopped but the engine and fan are still going. Newness wearing off I suspect as she is only twenty nine years old. It could be a belt as we didn't replace them all.... I suspect all is well and she is discharging grain.
 It's a new machine to here and discharging to a grain trailer on the move is a skilled job on upy and downy land. Remembering to retract the discharge auger when the tank is empty is beyond me.......It's stopped. I'm not going out as I am a sensitive soul and dislike vile language. "Bloody, Bastard, Poofy American Machine, Twat, Bastard again, and again. ......But she goes again the discharge auger was playing silly buggers or the driver was. It has to be full out to discharge grain. It can't have been the drivers fault as the driver is the boss...Please discount what I said about American poofy, twat, combine designers. The machine is built and the only thing we added was a stay bar to the transmission belt main pulley outer bearing. Probably didn't need it. It had two but three looked better. 

I do tremble at the problems post Brexit. When we are British, and Sovereign again and, as a consequence can't get bits for American machines, and twat civil servants are consigned to the dole and, normal grafters have to live life on ten pounds an hour like me and, we can hang Muzzie peados and negro stabbers. I have got the hang of the Oxford Comma. It's a bit silly but, fun.
Anyway enough tomfoolery.
Here she is in all her perfectness working really steep land.



Wonderful. Tomorrow I'm away to look at a steam locomotive in the rain and. Later  will get some video of this combine. Can we have an Oxford period or full stop?

8 comments:

  1. Just pray that, after your squidgy balls, you don't end up with an Oxford Colon, Adrian!

    That combine looks 'just the ticket'

    Best wishes - - - Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard, your comment is worth a post on it's own. I have graduated to hard balls now.

      Delete
  2. Vile language is acceptable only if one gets one’s Oxford commas right, and you do. The next step after the Oxford comma, the Cambridge interrobang, is catching on like wildfire over here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob, more by good luck than any competence in English grammar.

      Delete
  3. Only 29 years old. Still under warranty then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, they have a Farr combine here which still works and is almost sixty years old. This one is a spring chicken.

      Delete
  4. You sound thoroughly disillusioned, Adrian, but it's good to know that combines and Oxford commas are still alive and well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frances a bit down. I don't know why but I'll soon be back to what passes for normal.

      Delete