ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Tuesday 9 October 2012

CONSTIPATION. (09/10/12)

Yesterday I had a run into town, I had trouble finding Darlington as it was foggy. Cold and foggy.OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA Folk were ambling into each other, walking into walls, bumping into buses, so thick was the mist that I had trouble finding the change in my pocket. All things considered it was an entertaining trip.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA The sun is doing it’s best and so are the spiders………………………………….

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA The fog and damp does have it’s upside……I hope this plant is Sow Thistle.

When I got to town I scoured the shops for a mental laxative. We are three days into the Conservative Party conference and three weeks into the conference season. My eyes are brown and I have a headache, I’m full. I failed to find an antidote.

I did purchase a couple of lengths of four by six inch timber and two dozen big nails. I’m going to build a crucifix. Burglars beware! Come round here and you’ll be nailed up. Dithery has dithered again. He’s going to allow one to kill robbers. Doesn’t seem two minutes since he was an advocate of ‘Hug a Hoody’ now it’s ‘Murder a Malefactor’ day. I suspect that burglars have little to worry about, he’ll have another policy next week. They probably won’t need to wait that long. 

I don’t like the idea of getting shares in small companies in exchange for forfeiting employment rights. I can’t see this being a good deal. The government will not tax any capital gains on these shares but there won’t be any. Should the company increase it’s value then where can one sell shares in a company that is unlisted? This is another tax avoidance scheme for small partnerships. They will reform as limited companies and get a tax free bonus every year.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAThe fog cleared whilst I was in town and I snapped the tower again.

It’s another sunny day so we’ll get a shuffle on with the cross building then get out for a walk.

Enjoy the rest of your week.

19 comments:

  1. Looks like you've had one of those old fashioned pea soupers Adrian?

    I shouldn't worry yourself to much about that shower who want us to work together as 'one Britain' and 'all for one and one for all' 'cause good ol' Boris is coming.....he'll save us!! yippee!!...[;o)

    I've just read that the new law will let you use force to protect yourself and home from an intruder but you'll be breaking the law if you keep hitting him once he's unconscious....reminds me, I must stock up on smelling salts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trevor, just thick cloud.
      They drive me mad, they think in sound bites. Boris is at least entertaining with it. he also runs London reasonably from all accounts. I hope so as I can see Dithery's days are numbered.
      You can already shoot burglars. It is just a diversionary tactic. If I hadn't found it amusing I wouldn't have given it blog space.

      Delete
  2. No unlike my Saturday ;) On the whole I like fog better than rain and storm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monica, I love extreme weather of any kind.

      Delete
  3. Bad foggy day up there then, our climate seems to be rain, although today has been jusy cloudy. But, you can do anything with your ability to be in the right weather, foggy, sunshine, snowing, etc. And I love the church steeple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob, only till lunch time. It's the market hall clock tower. The best thing in Darlington.

      Delete
  4. Foggy? Now you will remember smog will you not? Then you really couldn't see the person standing next to you and when you uncovered the handkerchief and three layers of scarf from around your mouth there was a huge black area on the handkerchief. Those were the days. Proper soot-laden fogs. None of the namby pamby mist which is called fog these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS I was fascinated by the unusual spiders' webs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember vaguely but Sheffield had a clean air act by the early sixties. I almost missed the bus trying and failing to find a good Orb spider web.

      Delete
    2. So did Liverpool in 1956 but I was born in 1944 and the full effect of the Act wasn't felt until the sixties.

      Delete
  6. Hi Adrian...I feel like my life is a fog most days...so that may be why I haven't been by lately !! Saw my head doc..new med's ..will see how that goes!!
    One thing though when I read your post I always get a smile one my face, even if I don't know what your talking about HAhaha!
    Great spider web shot's..I dislike spiders, but they sure do spin some interesting patterns!
    Lovely tower shot!
    Have a good week!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace you get better soon. If you dislike spiders then don't look at tomorrows post unless you love reptiles.

      Delete
  7. Very much like the top picture. Very much dislike the policies the Torys are putting out at this conference. My challenge is to accept they mean them. Why do they not understand that workers worked for rights because they need them? Why would I say 'OK, give me some shares and you can sack me without reason'? How can they think it a good idea that unemployed people under 25 go and live with their parents rather than have housing benefit? For some it might work out - for people with parents who have big houses or live in areas where there are lots of jobs to move on to. But what about those whose parents live in a one bedroom flat where there are no jobs to apply for? Talk about being stuck! And many people have to claim HB because their wages are low. (In other words, HB subsidizes employers. Why should workers be penalised for that?) And what an insult to shift workers to suggest they are jealous of their unemployed neighbours rather than glad they themselves have work? I listen a bit, turn off feeling sick. Or I listen a bit and get bored (there are as many boring bits as horrific ones). On the other hand . . . I like mist and drizzle and autumn and your top picture. (And enjoyed it that fewer people at the Tory Party conference are as enthusiastic about learning Latin as Boris Johnson had anticipated.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucy they never learn. Nor do the electorate....if people weren't drugged by inane television then they would get out and put them out of business.
      Most of the rhetoric coming out of Birmingham is just smoke and mirrors. They are praying that nobody looks at their economic record.
      You are a good ranter a real female Juvenal.
      I'll leave the rants to you.

      Delete
  8. The only solution for the bad guys is to catch them. There is so little enforcement that the bad guys don't have to worry. Catch a few and the other bad guys say Whoa, wait a minute and then think better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red, it's going to be fine here. We'll be able to shoot them even if they look a little strange.

      Delete
    2. English with guns? I can't believe it!

      Delete
  9. Love the foggy images and the moisture on the webs and flowers. Maybe the weather is caused by the smoke screen of talk or perhaps even the other way around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gillian, they are a strange breed. Imagine having to go to work and listen to all that drivel day in and day out.

      Delete