ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Sunday 21 April 2019

ARCHIMEDES SCREW AND BALLS.

After a few false starts and several cuckoos along the way I have the screw working fine.
I am going to be busy this next week as I have some sheep to look after. On top of that I have now seen that 2.80 accepts trig functions so will try and learn to make some more spur gears.
Here is a short video, you will see that the small red cylinder is visible in the final render. If I don't render it the job goes pear shaped so in future I will have to make sure it is out of the camera frame.


Have a good week.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Adrian. Enjoyed that but, if I might make a suggestion, personally I'd like to see some texture added to the screw or to the shaft to make it clearly visible that it's turning.

    Have fun, but not too much fun!, with the sheep this week ;-} - - - Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard, fun with the sheep starts Friday now as the job is delayed.
      You are quite correct. I will pop texture on my next one. Must have been a Magpie in a previous life.

      Delete
  2. It is quite mind boggling what can be achieved with a home computer these days - with a lot of dedication from the operator.
    My thought on the need for some texture on the screw was the same as Richard's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, they are wonderful things and software keeps getting more efficient. My computer is six years old but I do give it a good seeto now and again. I can crash it but usually it's me just asking it to do the impossible.
      I have an idea for a story about the screw and will pop proper materials on it. I will also be circumspect with render settings. Just because I can make shiny primary coloured things doesn't mean I should.

      Delete