ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Tuesday 1 September 2020

A RARE SIGHT.

 This morning I was mowing close to home so decided to pop back at coffee o'clock. Sitting on a strainer was a Bumble bee.  I fetched the camera and got some close shots of it.

A White Tailed Bumble Bee, this one is a worker bee, Bombus lucorum......I hope.


It looked to be near death but I fetched a teaspoon full of honey and water and gave it a drink. If you look you can see a tiny mite just to the left of it's eye.

Next comes something I've never seen before.


A bee's tongue licking honey and water...............amazing. Made my day.


6 comments:

  1. That quite made my day, too! Wonderful images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. John, I almost didn't bother with it being a common bee. Glad I did.

      Delete
  3. wow impressive macros ! the only way to see insects so close !
    precious images Adrian !

    ReplyDelete