ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Friday 19 April 2013

TIBBIE SHIELS. (19/04/13)

image

image       We are here in a pub car park between St Mary’s Loch and the Loch of Lowes. It is a beautiful place. Plenty of local dogs for my two to play with. There was a bit of snapping and snarling when we first arrived but they are happily chasing each other , sniffing sniffs and sampling the Loch water now. The Tibbie Shiels seems, on first acquaintance, to be fine. It sells beer and is reasonably priced. There is a wedding on the shore of the Loch tomorrow, a stag party here tonight and a Motorcycle Club are just arriving. The Landlord requested that I keep the dogs in the van between two and four. He is stressed, half his camping field is flooded there is only one road in. He has five dogs whose whereabouts vary. I can envisage all five arriving to see a lass in a posh white frock!

 I’m not sure how long I’m going to stop here and less convinced this weather will hold so I thought I'd better get a couple of shots in the bag. Not an arduous task it was all of a couple of hundred yards. The dogs don’t need a walk having had an hour chasing round with the local canines they are sleeping.

IMG_0149_50_51_tonemapped           St Mary’s Loch. It has flooded, the jetty has all but disappeared. These pictures are HDR but could have done with a two stop filter and a tripod. They didn’t get it.

IMG_0155_6_7_tonemapped            Loch of the Lowes.

I had a senior moment today and forgot to stop in Selkirk for money, food, fags and Bells. There were diversion signs everywhere as the A780…I think it is…..Is closed by a landslip or flood between here and Moffat. No Toffees for Mark this trip. It’s a forty mile round trip to Selkirk for me in the morning. I’ll have to get used to Scotland again. Make lists and remember what I have done with the list.

Have a great weekend. I’ll do my best.

25 comments:

  1. beautiful sight, Adrian. Our weather is the same here in Indiana, with rain and more rain. There is flooding in some areas, thankfully not here as yet. Travel carefully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those views you show , have been worth the drive. Have a good weekend.


    peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter if only the weather would be kind. Scotland is very photogenic one day a year.

      Delete
  3. Keep the van well tanked up especially if you are going off the beaten track. May as well keep yourself tanked up as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trevor, I will and thanks for the heads up.

      Delete
  4. Yes. You can be a very long way from anywhere in Scotland even when you are actually somewhere. There's a great deal of nothing especially if you've forgotten the Bells.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graham, I know....it is a great country though and worth minor inconveniences like withdrawal symptoms.

      Delete
  5. I like the sound and looks of that place. I'd get well stocked up and want to stay a while I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pauline, this is only just in Scotland. By the end next month I hope to be on the north coast.

      Delete
  6. HI Adrian...Well I am sure glad the dogs got themselves a good run about today, since there in lock-up for a spell tomorrow!!
    I hope there is a difference between a Motorcycle club than a M. gang
    it would be a wild tome in old town tonight! As I look at the clock the festivities must be in full swing!!
    Say I love that first shot the cloud as fabulous!!
    Get you forgetful mind together!! : )
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, the UK is a civilised country. I shudder at the thought of the day when we would have mass shootings or bombs going off willy nilly.

      I'll be fine. Tons of tins and dried food on the van....I learn't from the morons..Should that be Mormons? I can't tell the difference.

      Delete
  7. You seem to find places with action...wedding, motor cycles, dogs,pubs. No wonder you forget some stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red, on a bad day I forget who I am. Where I am and what I'm doing becomes insignificant at such times.

      Delete
  8. I guess it looks OK. Actually, it looks pretty good. In fact, I'm b....y jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, it's a middling sort of spot...middling to good.

      Delete
    2. PS was ivy on your wrist again? You missed out loads of letters in Bloody.

      Delete
  9. These landscapes are breathtaking Adrian!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria, I love it here. The only problem is that the landscapes can be hard to find in mist and driving rain.

      Delete
  10. Looks like you have found a good scenic area again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, it is good. I'll be back.....I can stop anytime so we were all good.
      It is bloody cold and I missed the winter so will be in Scotland for as long as I can stand the weather.

      Delete
  11. Stag parties ... & I thought you liked the quiet places :-)
    Seriously though, I think I've only passed the place twice without stopping there on a circular car tour for possibly a birthday run out for my Mother many years ago. Looks like it's worth waiting for the correct mood of the Loch, top shots.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well worth the stop....I didn't fancy the groom but the bride, despite her being a bit gobby, was a picture. it is a grand spot.

    ReplyDelete