ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Friday 17 July 2009

OFF TO THE SEASIDE

2207_edited-1

OVER THE HORIZON

A short blog today, I'm heading off to Whitby later on. After many trials and tribulations have decided on and purchased a motor home. So the reason for starting this blog is one step nearer fruition. Discipline is now the key to a productive couple of years. A few photographs and then off to pack.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Pick this up next Friday, whether I like it or not it will be home for the next couple of years. I only hope the registration plate reflects the condition of her and is not an omen I will live to regret.

1667_edited-1 CAPTAIN COOK WHITBY

1623_edited-1 WHITBY HARBOUR

Hopefully you will be subjected to all things sandy and fishy, that reminds me to purchase a seaside guide. With a little luck I will be able to identify at least some of the creatures that will be gracing the pages of this blog.

All the best for the weekend.

9 comments:

  1. That's a big step. Good luck, I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That's wonderful. I keep saying that I would love a motorhome every time I go to France or wander around New Zealand to Croquet Tournaments where a few people have them. I notice that there are a lot more of them on the road now here.

    What really struck me however was the statue of Captain Cook? Why? Because statues of him abound in New Zealand and I have blogged about them on my N Z blog I'm sure. I shall post a further comment over the weekend when I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GB That's where he came from, quite a famous place what with Cook and Dracula. Yes a fraught job buying a motorhome much more expensive than I initially thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bearing in mind how important it is these days how will you do for internet access? WiFi Hot Spots? In N Z I use a mobile phone network dongle (I have no option at The Cottage) but it won't work in much of N Z and I believe the same problem occurs in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes a problem but a combination of WiFi and a 3G dongle I am hoping will work, if not then it may be a matter of shelling out for satellite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you enjoy your not so little gem and she gives you much shelter and fun. You could always park outside fellow bloggers and hope they'll give you the security code for their broadband!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Adrian. Pretty exciting. I wish you the best two years of your life. I'm looking forward to your photos from the road.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice looking home Adrian :)

    All the very best of luck with your venture, and travels.

    ReplyDelete
  9. An exciting development! My husband and I day dream about jumping into a motor home and driving off into the sunset, it seems so freeing.

    I love the last shot of Whitby Harbor!

    ReplyDelete