ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Saturday 4 July 2009

THE POWER OF THE PHOTOGRAPH

Rained most of yesterday, so sat and offered sacrifices to the god called Photoshop. I posted the following image on Flickr.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

MILLERS DALE FORCE

(Thanks to KEARTONA for the inspiration,
Howden Dam Construction Co for the bridge, my brother for standing on Whitby Dock and Millers Dale Lime Co. for the cliff.
Is this the highest waterfall in the White Peak?)

The above are the comments attached to the image. Without actually spelling it out it is pretty obvious that this image is a montage or invented, constructed, whatever. Took about thirty minutes, had I taken three hours nobody would see the light changes or the joins. Unfortunately I've had some complimentary comments, this would have been fine, then the humorous remarks started to appear. What started as a bit of fun has now caused upset, perhaps I should have anticipated this. To those affected, please accept my sincere apologies. I promise not to do it again, at least till the next wet day.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

THE WATERFALL IS 2' TALL. A little spring in reality.

All the pictures today are weird in one way or another, when are they not I hear you say. The next ones for you Tricia, I know how you like misty images.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

BELTED GALLOWAY CATTLE IN THE MIST.

Yes they are belted Galloways, it was a nice sunny day, so I breathed on the lens just for you.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

REALLY WILD FLOWERS

This is a five minute editing job, if you would like to know how then you can have an e-mail with the full words and music. Can also be done in camera for the purists and masochists among you.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

MY HOUSE OR FLAT

OK so it's upside down, please don't be picky.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

NOTHING BUT TROUBLE

Don't know why I bother chasing these, if I catch one bet it tastes like a box of kitchen matches.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

ALL MY OWN WORK

Promise this is as taken, touch of sharpening, desaturated and it is less than 1" across. Converted to B&W because depth of field was a bit off. Still is, spider could be sharper but hey who said macro was easy. Looks as if we are in for a good sunrise so will gather up dog and gear and head for the hills. All the best.

.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, what a show! Your imagination seems to run wide open. (I've just written a post on imagination for my other blog)

    I love the spider web.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very kind, I like it. Imagination, next time anybody mentions insanity I'll refer them to you.
    yes I miss the prosumer camera with dial up macro, if there's nothing to snap then 10 minutes crawling about in the undergrowth usually produces a subject.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An enjoyable post - as always. Enjoy your day crawling in the undergrowth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh I often do homage to that same God. Unlike you though, I LOVE taking photos in the rain. Its when the sun is bright that I spend time with the Photoshop God.

    You couldn't possibly know how often I chase the fog as the sun is trying to drive it away. And now I just learned that I can breathe on my lense and get the same effect! LOL

    Thanks for the tip :) Definately gonna give that one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Faye, breathing is fine but filters are better, I'm saving for a set of posh Cokin P size.
    Then see if I can cut processing time. Post some genuine misty shots from this morning during the next few days

    ReplyDelete