ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Wednesday 9 September 2015

AMORAL. (09/09/15)

I see we have joined the ranks of those countries that have no regard for justice. We are using drones to terminate people who our government have an issue with. Perhaps we have always been the same but it is wrong to kill folk and worse to do so without a trial. The collateral murder of innocent civilians seems acceptable to our leaders. Apart from the concept being disgusting it is self defeating as it drives the families of the innocent into ISIS.

Our Queen has been hanging around longer than any other King or Queen. I wonder what she thinks about the atrocities committed in her name? I suspect she is more concerned with getting us to fork out for a bit of roofing on Buck House. One has to have priorities.

Canon have come out of the wilderness with a bang. Two new cameras were announced. a 120mega pixel DSLR and an 8K video camera. I very much doubt I will be able to afford either but at least it is a bit of good news. I do wonder if the lenses will be sharp enough to take advantage of all the information. Time will tell.

I have been out fungus snapping again and am not at all sure what I’ve snapped.compball2

compball1

Common Puffballs. Tomorrow looks like a feast day as there are dozens of them just starting to show. I’ll pick half a dozen for my tea.

decieverdec2

I think these are the same fungus. There are hundreds of them mixed in with Amethyst Deceivers.

stuft

I suspect these are Sulphur Tuft, well past their prime but still attractive.

spotted toughshank

I’m not at all sure but am guessing Spotted Tough Shank. They are quite large 100mm to 150mm across the cap.

I am getting ready for some video of the combine as they are going to start harvesting at the weekend, if it’s fine.

24 comments:

  1. The world can often be a harsh and unfair place, and one is constantly reminded of that. I haven't read about the 8K video camera previously. Thanks for the heads up. Will google it.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  2. 120 megapixels sounds like too much of a challenge, Adrian. As you note, it's probably the lens that going to be a significant weak link with that. However, my main concern (other than cost!) would be the computing power and storage implications of such a beastie! It wouldn't be for the 'everyday photographer', but something that would be trundled out for special projects.

    I love your fungi images.

    Best wishes - - - Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard it's a lot for a 35mm sensor. I suspect too much but time will tell when we get to see some prints.
      I find small raw files a challenge with timelapse and process in batches of about a thousand and use an external drive for storage.

      Delete
  3. These killings really trouble me as well. Even if we ignore the fact that they weren't given the chance of a fair trial etc. the fact that Cameron stood up and labelled them an "act of self-defence" really makes me mad. Call them a targeted killing or a pre-emptive strike but there is no way that a drone strike should ever be labelled as an act of self-defence.

    On happier topics the cameras sound interesting. I'm guessing the 120 megapixels might be good for astrophotography coupled with a decent telescope, but I'm guess there are already such cameras/sensors anyway?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark, he probably got bored killing badgers. I suspect he was just bullied into these strikes he strikes me as a pretty spineless individual.
      The problem I see is getting enough clear information to the sensor. There are 80MP medium format sensors but the cameras use very expensive lenses and of course pixel density is a fraction of that proposed by canon.

      Delete
  4. Love all of your mushroom photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to your combine video.

    peter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be very careful which mushrooms you eat as you could end up hallucinating - perhaps imagining yourself as a drone flying above the Islamic State Caliphate seeking out misguided fools and zapping them with your X-ray eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YP, it has got too dry, the fungi have stopped growing.

      Delete
  7. Using my geriatric mk2 I can't help thinking Canon are heading in a wrong direction with the dslr. Even their latest glass won't cope but I've learnt with old mk2 it really is the quality of the glass and not uber pixels maybe they should focus on build quality of the current dslr range instead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Douglas, Canon can make good lenses but they usually make them for the mass market. It matters little if you are compressing images for the internet but i do like as much information as possible to start with.
      Unless you print or view on a 4K monitor I suspect it will be near impossible to tell.

      Delete
  8. We abandoned many people after colonialism and left them to fight among themselves. Thier economies never grew so the have more to fight about, Then they get extreme religious ideas. It all makes for chaos. then we still think we can shortcut and use drones. I'm pretty black today. the Queen doesn't even cheer me up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red, it is all very depressing.
      The Queen never cheers me up.

      Delete
  9. We have much fungae growing in our backyard where we have mulched.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loveall your fungi images Adrian an looking forwar to seeing the harvest brought in on video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret it will be quite a big job as I hope to pop some time lapse in as well.

      Delete
  11. Looks as though you have sorted your lighting Adrian. Just enough to give context and not so bright as to detract from the subject.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, it is a cumbersome rig. I lengthened the snoot and popped a small soft box on it. I now have the background lit by this set up manually at full zoom and about half power. the subject is lit by the ring flash which is ETTL. sometimes it gets confused and over exposes but the following shot is fine. Most odd.

      Delete
  12. Buenos hongos. Por aquí este año no hay ninguno, no ha llovido nada en meses :((
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, espero que te dan un poco de lluvia y algunos hongos antes del invierno.

      Delete