ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Saturday 19 September 2015

NERDY AND NORMAL. (19/09/15)

bat

The PX13 mercury cell used to be common in lightmeters and for powering exposure meters in several diverse cameras. The MRB625 is a direct replacement and being Zinc/air it is almost environmentally friendly. The problem is this Wein Cell is the only direct replacement I have found and they are expensive at £8.00p a pop delivered. I got to thinking and borrowed a 675 hearing aid battery.  These are much smaller in diameter about 4.5mm smaller and their voltage is 1.4v as against 1.35v. I had a root through Ken’s big box of small “O” rings and found one that was about 2mm diameter that fitted over the battery and dropped it in the camera. The meter works fine and I wondered if it still read the same despite the 0.05v difference. It appears to, hearing aid batteries are cheap as chips and what is more they are available everywhere with the exception of fishmongers, pubs, butchers, animal feed suppliers and greengrocers. I suspect the folk that are interested will have realised all the above and those that aren’t will not give a Tinkers Toss.

NORMAL.

Here are a few photos from this week, they are as normal as I get.

_V0G9980

The Edge of the Forest.

_V0G9988

Straw Bales.

_MG_2042

What the Butler Saw.

_MG_2041

My cameras are not peeping perverts so I opened the door and we can now see it all, whatever it is. I have several of these shapes and the holders for them they definitely work on a 62mm lens thread but aren’t very big so much more and you may have to crop. They are free to a good home. There are arts, I mean Hearts, keyholes, a funny figure of eight shape and plenty of random squiggly shapes. They come with a wonderful holder that sort of screws into the lens with the adapter included and then folds out to accept the filter. Excellent value for nothing.

16 comments:

  1. I think the BButer saw more than that!!! Adrian. Love the last shot. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, I will have to find a butler and ask.

      Delete
  2. Speaking of hearing aid batteries, I take it that you belong to the same club as I.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, no, I borrowed one from Colin.....He's as deaf as a post.

      Delete
  3. I really like the edge of the forest shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill, the adjustment brush is a wonderful tool better than HDR.

      Delete
  4. Colin will be deaf now that you took his batteries Still any port in a storm.

    peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter, he doesn't like his hearing aid so I always shout at him. He has Thatcher to thank for what hearing he has left as she shut his colliery down and he had to go truck driving.

      Delete
  5. Adrian I never cease to be amazed by your inventiveness and lateral thinking. I wish I had half that imaginative ability.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GRaham, my father was the same as are Ken and Andrew here on the farm. Most problems have a solution it's just a matter of sleeping on the problem. Being lazy I like sleeping on posers and having the solution arrive unconsciously.

      Delete
  6. My favotourite is The Edge of the Forest with those stong contrast. Good shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kovacs. I was hoping for a bit more drama in it.

      Delete
  7. You keep coming up with ideas where I say only adrian could think of that! Too many time we are ripped off by a minute measurement and have to buy something very expensive. Good solution on this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red, lots of people will have thought of this solution. I was looking through micro-battery data sheets as one does for entertainment and noticed the 1.4v ones but non were the right size; from there it was just a small hop to the solution. The hearing aid batteries are also thinner but it works fine in the Minolta and if it didn't I'd have crushed up a bit of aluminium foil as a spacer. The foil would also drop the voltage a bit.

      Delete
  8. Oh that first photo is super stunning. That should be up on a wall for sure. Well not the first one of the label.. the one of the trees.. but you knew that.

    Thanks for your kind word Adrian. Yes paradise/hell.. that's the exact words I'd thought about through my time there. .. a little more often than not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilary, I don't have wall space. I guessed you didn't mean the label though I did try and make that interesting.

      I hope you are settled and happy now. Good luck and I hope to see many more posts.

      Delete