ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Monday 28 September 2015

AN INTERLUDE. (28/09/15)

I have experienced an enforced interlude from Blogland. I'll now have to catch up and that is a bit of a pain when all I really want to do is watch that American; Fast Taylor, I think she's called. I turn the sound off and delight in her moving around...Voice spoils it.
 It's been busy here and the weather is perfect for harvesting. Old Machinery breaks down; I keep telling Ken and Andrew that new machinery breaks down. We can fix old stuff but struggle with the new.
Now the combine is working the round baler has decided to wrap 'Dog Bone' bales. I was driven about looking for new grommets for it's duck beak. You think I invented this? It's gospel truth. It was working but made 'Dog Bone' bales. The Duck Beak it has to be. I was asked to give an opinion. The duck beak or the brake on the net feed. The rollers were free of bit's of net. Aaah! 
The net brake!..........Andrew bolted on a new bit of conveyor belt...Took half an hour to cut.....No bloody difference. All this work and no F..ing improvement. We had a quick smoke and a dram then looked at the instructions. 'C'.... Lever marked 'C' as to be slackened for straw or very dry hay. Take me to the bottom of my Grandma's stairs!... Who would have ever thought at looking in the instructions?.........Sophie did. Andrew's nurse/girlfriend/partner; fit as a butchers dog in mucky jeans with dirty Uggs is Sophie. How did she work it out. She spends her life in Edinburgh keeping machines going 'BEEP BEEP And not WhhwwwwSsssSheesh..Fuck!...... She looks after early born children or them what were cut out like Caesar. She knows to read the instructions. Pity the health service is top heavy with chiefs and not Indian's like her. Pity she doesn't work here.
I didn't like to say to her at five this morning that it is still buggered. Bloody machines!  We do know a lot more about round balers than we did so top marks to Sophie. Sophie has gone back to study the manual in between looking after new born children or babies as I think they are better known. She will text when she has sorted it.

Dog Bone Bales.

Just to show you that all is going pretty well despite fifteen hour days. Here is the new combine. Drop dead gorgeous it is. My sound isn't very good but I am trying...Very trying. 
Have fun.

19 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your frustrations, but glad you shared them--- Big smile on my face this morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill, trashed a tyre on the combine this morning. What fun.

      Delete
  2. Loved the video. WOW! a 15 hour day..I have the milkingof the cows video on today at least half of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, I still have a DVD to make so am not blogging as much at the moment. If I could get the sound sorted then I have about cracked this video malarkey.

      Delete
  3. Have Ken and Andrew enslaved you? Just say the word and I will be in touch with Fife Police. I have heard of this kind of thing before. Modern slavery - that's what they call it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good thing there were pictures at the end. I haven't been catching up and hadn't got a clue what you were on about... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monica, I have been a bit hit and miss with blogging as the internet has been playing up.

      Delete
  5. This post made me laugh. I know about the duck beats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynda, the adjustment is very critical or appears to be.

      Delete
  6. Nice video and I'm happy if you have good weather there for harvesting.
    Cheers from rainy and windy Budapest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like my bike. You have to look at so many adjustments before you can fix whatever it was that started me adjusting. Maybe I need a Sophie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red, yes it does help to read the manual. Not something I do until all else has failed.

      Delete
  8. I have to agree Rapid Taylor is very pretty but way to high maintenance, more maintenance then them combines :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gone are my machine mending days. Every machine I have is either too complicated (my car) or the spare parts cost more than the new article. A zapper for my garage door is priced at 57% of the cost of a complete new electric mechanism which comes with two zappers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graham, put like that it is ridiculous even trying to repair a zapper. I wonder if the TV remote would work?

      Delete