ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Friday 11 September 2015

WHO WILL IT BE? (11/09/15)

Tomorrow we will find out who will be leading the opposition in the UK. Dithery Dave has waded in but as he has five years to convince the electorate he knows what he is doing I don’t know why he bothered; perhaps he hopes it will save him answering awkward questions on matters that are his concern and responsibility.
I’m not getting many pictures but here are few for the weekend.
_MG_2018
WET BRACKEN.
_MG_2020
FIRST LIGHT IN CLINK FOREST.
Yesterday I went out macroing, it’s been a bit dry for fungus but there are still a few around.
_MG_2010
I think this is Artists Fungus. Ganoderma adspersum.
_MG_2014
Slime Mold. I am going to stop trying to time lapse this stuff. I have carried it back to the van and given it a porridge oat to eat and it always dies. I’ll have to look it up and see if there are instructions on how to cultivate and care for it.
The Sheep Ticks are a real pest at the moment, the dogs are covered after every walk as are my jacket and trousers. I was brushing them off and realised I have never taken a picture of one that isn’t engorged with blood. This is what they look like before they have dined.
_MG_2017
_MG_2008
They are not as revolting in this state. Enjoy your weekend, I am set up for both video and time lapse in case the weather is good enough for Barley harvesting.

25 comments:

  1. Love that first shot :O]

    (hugs to the pups)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like the image of the light piercing through the forest canopy. I don't seem to see much bracken these days people are rather keen of hacking every last bit down before it becomes a pain, shame really.
    I can only see Corbyn possibly being a good temporary leader in opposition whilst Labour sorts it's policy/accountability and direction before the next election, maybe I'm being as harsh to Corbyn as some are you bracken afterall they both have a prehistoric feel about them lol....have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry "are you bracken" should've been "are to bracken" and deleted duplicate post, pub lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Douglas, time will tell with Corbyn but I am sick of our MPs being vertual clones of one another.
      Lots of bracken here.

      Delete
  4. Do you know, I honestly couldn't care less about the Labour leadership. I'm all politicked out.
    Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frances, I didn't know but do know how you feel.

      Delete
  5. Nice set of pics. I like the first one -- just leaves and droplets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John. I ought to have stopped and played for longer but the dogs had shot off annoying deer.

      Delete
  6. jYes I go to the first with drops, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first two images, and the second fungus are my favourites, Adrian.

    As far as UK creatures are concerned, there was only one that I had a phobia about, and that was rats. However, ticks are now creeping in there too, so I didn't much like being reminded of them with your images! ;-}

    Best wishes - - - - Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard, I don't usually kill insects but tick are the exception. I brush them onto a sheet then spray the little buggers.

      Delete
  8. The forest shot is wonderful! And... It's not like the UK has a monopoly on tiresome politicians!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta Bill. Politics seems to attract morally bankrupt liars.

      Delete
  9. I hope that's the first time you've ended up in clink Adrian.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice photos (well...the ticks kinda gave me the creeps). At least you don't have the line up of goofballs running for president that we have here in the US.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda.
      I am not too sure that there is much to choose.

      Delete
  11. Esa primera luz de la mañana, me gusta ;)
    Tus bichos tienen una gran paciencia contigo Adrian ;)))
    Buen fin de semana.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sí Laura, la luz era buena ayer por la mañana.
      Los insectos están bien entrenados.

      Delete
  12. I hope it's good for combining as I'd like to see what you do for photos. Will they let you on the combine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red, I have been on it but the vibration is a problem for video. Heavy rain is forecast for today. I'll see what I can do.

      Delete
  13. The light playing on the fern with droplets of water - stunning photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynda, as is usually the case I think it could have been better.

      Delete