ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Monday 10 February 2020

DANCING.

It's snowing again doesn't look as if it will come to much but the rest of today and tomorrow will tell.
Nasty wet stuff it is and falling in lumps.

I have been trying to make a cloth sym SkyDancer work for a week or two. Polished up this has the makings of a birthday video.


Now back to coding.
Enjoy your week.

4 comments:

  1. Fascinating. Are the movements random or pre programmed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, they are random. It's a physics simulation the SkyDancer is not rigged. There are dozens of settings for the cloth and several for the wind that generates the movement. You could select a group of vertices parent them to an empty then auto keyframe the random movement. It should be possible to then time them to music in the graph editor. The result would still be random but would appear less so. It took me ages to get this far but I will have another look.

      Delete
  2. Crikey, even a stick insect can dance more gracefully than me!

    ReplyDelete