ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Monday 13 October 2014

BORROWDALE. (13/10/14)

I had a grand drive up from York. A bit of light drizzle but nothing to worry about. I had to divert via Darlington to pick up some more dog food and grab a pack of thumb drives. I should have enough of both to last me fifteen weeks.

We arrived in Low Manesty which lies at the head of Derwentwater. It’s a grand place. I took the dogs for a quick run. They do the running and I poddle along behind or in front dependant on which way there are going. I decided that although the light is far from perfect I ought to get a couple of images in the bag._MG_0628  Shepherds Crag.

_MG_0631    Derwentwater. Looking towards Keswick. The mountain to the right of centre is Blencathra.

_MG_0625    Borrowdale. These views are all within a ten minute walk of the van. The bracken, reeds and grasses have turned golden but the leaves on the trees are a bit disappointing. I’m here for a week so a bit of frost will sort that and also provide some early morning mist over the water. I’ll see what dawn tomorrow brings and go out with a tilt shift wide angle lens and some filters if it looks anything like.

That’s all for today.

32 comments:

  1. These landscapes are enchanting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mersad, it is giving it warm, windy and wet. These were just snaps. I'll try for better.

      Delete
  2. Happy memories of the Lake District and many memorable walks, with children and picnics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frances, keep the memories. The place is heaving with folk. They have disabled access around Derwentwater on posh plastic duck board. Get a combination of early onset Alzheimer's and a fast wheel chair and it is a nightmare.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. R.Mac, The English Lake District is not a large area but it is beautiful.

      Delete
  4. Adriaan you stand still, but the weather is nice in a great spot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bas, I am hoping for some good weather but it isn't looking too good.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful scenery, full of water and memories, excellent photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They may be "just snapshots" but they are wonderful nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob, I like this small corner of England. It does rain a lot but in between it can be stunning.

      Delete
  7. Looks like you pulled into another great destination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Douglas, looking at the forecast I may stop a bit longer.

      Delete
  8. Excellent place - the lakes :)) Waiting for more pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please don't berate me or accuse me of schoolmasterly pedantry when I raise my head above the parapet to whisper that it's Borrowdale with a "w". I guess other commentators were too bashful to mention this - fearing the backlash of Professor Adrian's wrath. Gulp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YP, I wouldn't berate anyone for correcting my spelling.
      Thank you very much I need an editor.
      have rubbed it out and written it properly, Keswick is another hard word but I got that right. I'll have to check the spelling of Shepard's Crag.

      Delete
  10. You know the weather conditions so well that you can predict conditions and then what photos you might get. That's super planning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red, I know what weather I want. Getting it is a matter for higher powers than me.

      Delete
  11. As a young man the Lake District in general and Borrowdale in particular was my spiritual home. I spent many happy summer and winter times there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Langdale was my stamping ground. I still love it here out of high season.

      Delete
  12. This is magnificent scenery and great shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, they are fine but won't set the world on fire. It is an incredibly beautiful place when the weather plays nicely.

      Delete
  13. La segunda me gusta mucho, el cielo está precioso!!
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, it is a dramatic place when the light is right.

      Delete
  14. I love your beautiful photos in grey weather and it's a delight to revisit the Lakes. We walked there when we came from Australia to study at Manchester in the 70s, and last year visited and still made it up Skiddaw and/or the easy viewpoint above Keswick. Jean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jean, the view point is Latrigg. It's about as high as I get these days. I will have a wander up Cat Bells if the weather looks good.

      Delete
    2. That's it! Wainwright kept it for his old age - good choice!

      Delete
    3. I still enjoy Wainwright's guide books. Cat Bells is hard work from here.

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. Maria, it is, I try and have a week or so here most years.

      Delete