ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Thursday 2 October 2014

MICRO. (02/10/14)

I have been playing with the microscope again. Some of these pictures are far from pleasant.20141002121903    A little bit of a ten pence coin.

20141002121556      The head of a House Fly. The fly is about 7mm long.

20141002093314       Alfie picked up a couple of Deer Tics yesterday this is one of them.

This is Tic the Movie.

I will try and get some appealing pictures for tomorrow.

18 comments:

  1. okay, the first shot was cool. But I'll take a cloudy panorama any day ;O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. R. Mac, It will be Tues day next week before I get round to panoramas. I'm going to the Lake District.

      Delete
  2. Seems to be working well. Do I feel there may be some stacked micro shots in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, I already tried. The stand isn't rigid enough. I could do with finding an old conventional microscope stand and taping it to it. It's a bit hit and miss as there is a delay between telling it to take a picture and it doing so.

      Delete
  3. I hope you're submitting Tic the Movie to the Cannes Film Festival. It's a surefire winner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. John, it's lacking in dialogue, plot and action but one never knows these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really fascinating level of detail from the 'scope. The tick made my skin crawl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Douglas, I need to improve the technique a bit. I think super glue may help to keep them still.
      I thought the tic looked comical on it's back it kept turning over the little tinker.

      Delete
  6. Wow.. you sure are opening up a whole new world. Now I know some of what makes you... tic. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. NO I don't think "Tic,the movie" will catch on!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, Tic movies are an acquired taste.

      Delete
  8. More appealing will be a challenge. I picked up a tick this spring an had to get out my magnifier to tell what kind it was. So I'm waiting for more appealing. You know how to keep your readers. Just promise something for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red, I am struggling for pictures here but have only come to see a friend.

      Delete
  9. I've never thought of tics whether moving or still as being a taste ever likely to be acquired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graham, they are not the most photogenic or pleasant of god's creatures. I was looking for something that moved but didn't move much and it seemed to fit the bill.

      Delete
  10. Oh that insect world, we loath it but it's part of everything...isn't it?

    ReplyDelete