ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Friday 31 October 2014

MURKY. (31/10/14)

Saltire      The weather has been warm and wet. I’ve been trying for a much better quality cinemagraph by using a still image and then running the video behind it with a hole cut in the still. Visa versa is no easier. selecting the moving bit from the video and pasting it over. I can’t get it to work for several reasons. The major problem is incompetence, then making the exposure and colour match and finally getting the images to register as HD 2K video and RAW stills are different sizes and five times different in resolution. I suspect that I have a touch of man flu starting as I just don’t seem to have the patience to sort it.

I have the boiling oil, red hot rusty barbed wire and an alligator ready to repel the trick and treaters. It is a nasty heathen pastime is trick and treating and I will be Mr Nasty if they come round bothering me. I’ll cook the little darlings and feed them to the dogs. Shoot them with a silver bullet. Get some sweets and dip them in warfarin. I’ve plenty of contingency plans. I may have cheered up by this evening and will just ask them to spell accommodation, Mediterranean or diarrhoea  and give the literate ones an apple or better still some dried prunes, castor oil and figs mixed with that bio-pot yoghurt. I may print a little notice for the van door saying.

“This is the residence of a naughty Catholic Priest and Paedophile.”

That’s all for today. Have a great weekend. If this is slow to load then either ignore it or wait. It is 22MB. I was just pushing a bit to see where the limit for a GIF file is.

32 comments:

  1. Mr N. We have some radio broadcasters these days who can barely manage to speak three syllables, and there is no hope at all for emphasis in the right place. And an outstanding young broadcaster seems to be having a problem-gone-viral with "literate" women. We could send them trick or treating to you. That said, here's the question: are you sure, Adrian, that what you said in this post isn't a tad - just a tad, o-kay, a smidgen (whichever is smaller) - em - politically eh-hmm, incorrect??
    I LOVE it! M
    McNasty

    ReplyDelete
  2. McGregor, diminutives in my writing go Tad, Touch, Smidgen and Gnats. All are probably interchangeable depending on the words before and after. I enjoy alliteration or should that be literation.
    If the weather clears I may go flashing in the old church yard tonight. It's warm enough.
    Some people to the right of centre have mentioned that I may be a little non-PC. I don't know what PC is so have happily gone my own way. I have a laptop not a PC so I am sans PC.
    Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Adrian, hope you're fine. It's Maria. I changed the avatar as I now have two blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's not showing here yet.

      Delete
    2. Maria, it is probably too big. If I composed in the Blogger dashboard I could have pre-loaded it with a wee bit of HTML in the header. I use Live Writer so either forget it or wait. If you forget it you aren't missing much.

      Delete
    3. The Avatar is sending me to the Tropical Flowering Zone. I don't see another blog.
      Nice hairdo.

      Delete
    4. Ha! I didn’t notice that flag waving! That’s funny!

      Delete
    5. Maria, it isn't funny it is silly.
      People wave flags but flags flutter. Just thought I'd say.

      Delete
    6. I learned something, see? Fluttering!

      Delete
  4. Another great read Adrian and i like your cinemagraph.

    peter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah Adrian, loved your post. There is no Halloween in India although it is starting to catch up as other western holidays! And I was born on Halloween.
    It is just as well u don't tweet or we will be seeing your post in the news for the little notice!! ;))))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adriaan have a good haloween

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another effective cinemagraph Adrian.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for a really good chuckle, Adrian.

    On a technical note, I'm extremely impressed by the flag-flapping image.

    Best wishes - - - Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard they are easy to do, just a bit of fun.

      Delete
  9. PC or not ~ you sounds just like your normal blog self to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, I'm fine now. Halloween passed quietly.

      Delete
  10. Well, I don't know? Somebody else must be posting on Adrian's blog! They're pretty nasty. Can't be Adrian?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel safe in declaring there is nothing wrong with you, man flu is safe, you are in fine, flag waving form.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So you are a Catholic priest? Father Adrian. I am okay with that but it is the other revelation that distresses me greatly. Until now I thought you were a good guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what Jimmy Savile said...and Rolf Harris...and Stuart Hall...and Michael Gove.

      Delete
  13. In 1985 we moved back to the UK from San Francisco. As Halloween approached I was excited by my favourite holiday. However I noticed no costumes etc in the shop as the holiday approached. I asked my teacher why there was no hint of Halloween and got a proper ribbing my her and my classmates too. The teacher mocked "it's a yank tradition, we're not yanks stop being pathetic" nearly 20 years on I look around and realise even though my teacher was right the American colonisation of the globe is complete lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Douglas, I am not a believer in god but am constantly amazed by how gullible many Americans are.
    I like the way the continental countries do it. They take a gift to their ancestors graves. I'm fine with that.
    Just another way of marketing cheap Chinese tat is halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't even start to download the GIF. Still the rest was worth the read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graham, I was just pushing. I uploaded fine but. No buts I like Hutchinson or EE. It is cheaper than a satellite dish and it works. Why pay for something that doesn't?

      Delete