ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Saturday 11 October 2014

MISTY MORNING. (11/10/14)

Today started off very cool and misty. By noon it had brightened up which was just as well as I had some publicity shots to take. I went out macroing after breakfast. _V0G7523  Vapour Trail on a bit of web.

_V0G7522   Vapour on a web.

_V0G7517     I couldn’t find any spiders but confess I didn’t look too hard. These are shot at 1:1 with ring flash and the background pulled using the eyedropper in Levels.

_V0G7525     I haven’t a clue what this plant is. It came in a selection of seeds that were advertised as being irresistible to bees. This and Cornflowers are the only ones to germinate and the bees ignore this. It does look good with mist on. Reminds me of a firework.

_V0G7527      The flowers point down at the ground so this is a view looking up. I think it is a grand flower and can only conclude that bees have little aesthetic appreciation. Thanks to MARGARET I now know it is Borage..doesn’t alter the fact that Bees ignore it.

That’s all for today I’m going to watch the Formula 1 qualifying. It should be good on a new circuit. I know it was on noon till one so don’t tell me the results.

26 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ta Bob, thank heaven for strobes my hands weren't rock steady this morning. I blame the falling down water.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Andrew, They could be better but that is always the case.

      Delete
  3. WOW! These are brilliant close ups. The spider's webs are stunning. Now could that plant be Borage? Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, not as good as I can do on a good day. I had an overhang.
      Borage it is and many thanks for the ID. Bees don't like it. What comes of buying bee seed for 50p a packet. I got a kilo of wild flower seeds at the same time. The only plants to survive the rabbits are cornflower, poppies and something that looks like a giant vetch but with a broom like stem. It is interesting to scatter seeds one year and see what appears.

      Delete
  4. These macros are excellent Adrian! The flower is so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruby they are not excellent they are okay. I want better. It is impossible with images to achieve perfection.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous photos, Adrian. Sme of your best.

    I do miss being interested in Formula 1. One of my sons you to work on th car designs for Ferrari in its glory days. It was really exciting. He showed us round the factory and it was immaculate. Not a grease spot in sight, and bank upon bank of computers. I no longer bother with it now. Rather sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frances, my head was swimming when I took these. Perhaps I should get pissed more often.
      I used to build and race cars. Not anything like F1. Formula Ford 2000 was as far as I got and I didn't get far in that. My only claim to fame was breaking my neck at Cadwell Park and persuading the dotty St Johns lads that my feet felt tingly. I went to hospital on a plank. Paramedics came and sorted me. I used to strip and rebuild cars in a room at home cleaner than the kitchen....,Come to think it was the kitchen.

      Delete
  6. Loving the spider webs. I seem to have loads of spiders running around the windows, boiler, bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, living room...I think they had a bumper year on one Web I placed a container to see what it discards moths etc.
    Not sure if you caught up with F1 yet, but I felt gutted for a Fin' driving a Williams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Douglas, it's the season for orb spiders.
      Botras, he was really trying and a pity he was too trying. A brilliant lap. He was happy, he was on the limit but didn't do anything but a bit of tray damage. I wish he had held the lap together.

      Delete
  7. As always, some complicated stuff that rings to light something new. It's interesting how you have a view of the flower from both top and bottom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red, the flower just caught my eye. It is odd it doesn't point upwards.
      The webs are close to these pictures out of camera, I just pulled the background to as near black as I could.

      Delete
  8. It's gorgeous Adrian, good eye!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are just stunning, Adrian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilary, the strobe does most of the work which reminds me it needs new batteries.

      Delete
  10. I thought the spiders webs were pretty amazing - until I came to the flower. It is very exotic looking and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pauline, it is another misty morning. I'll pop some extension tubes on the lens and get closer.
      I like the flower, I don't think it is native to the UK the bees don't take any notice of it.

      Delete
  11. Pulling up the rear as usual Adrian there's very little I can add to the well-deserved plaudits already received.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graham, I'm just in from another drip expedition. They are fun.

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. R.Mac, webs are good at this time of the year.

      Delete
  13. OMG that flower! the colors... It looks like a brasilian dancer of samba!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura yes it does but unfortunately it is a flower.

      Delete