ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Monday 20 October 2014

CALM BEFORE THE STORM. (20/10/14)

I took a long lens out today looking for the stags. I can hear them but despite wandering all the way to Grange Crags I couldn’t find them. I also had to put the camera away as it is still very wet in the intermittent showers.

_MG_0689        Lodore Falls Hotel. I’m hoping that by Wednesday there will be lots of water in the cataract here.

The rest of todays images are of the dogs snuffling about.

_MG_0688        Alf.

_MG_0691          Molly.

_MG_0694          Alf again.

_MG_0695         Moll on frog watch. There aren’t any frogs that I’ve seen but she is ever hopeful. She does find them now and again but only gives them a poke with her nose. She likes watching them hop and swim.

If anyone has the time I got an e-mail from Peak Imaging where I get the posh printing I need done. This looks a stunning way of presenting photographs but it is expensive and unlike all their other print options it has to be in the sizes they specify.

CLEAR VISION ACRYLIC.

It would be great to see an image processed this way. I will see if I can find a millionaire who is interested in buying one. I can recommend this company if you want glossy prints. They are not inkjet printed and do look as good as photographs; they are photographs. Just remember that you have to add on the cost of a 3mm PVC foam backing as glossy prints have to be really flat. I leave it to them as they have all the bonding and whatsit machines. If you ever use film they are really good processors and for a few pounds a roll will do a test to push or pull the processing. For the roll not for each shot. They supply negatives and a CD which is much cheaper than a conventional contact print sheet.

I’m about to batten down the hatches as it looks as if we are in for a night of torrential rain. Stay safe.

38 comments:

  1. I hope as last time the weathermen have exaggerated tonight's weather, if not stay safe Adrian. The printing looks good but a bit pricey for my wallet lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Douglas, I think it is just the first of the autumn gales. Nowt to worry about.
    They are great printers and competitive on price. The results are excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be the first of the autumn gales for you Adrian but it sure ain't for us here on The Edge.

      Delete
    2. Graham, imagine what it must be like on the west coast of Lewis?

      Delete
  3. I hope that weather is not as bad as weatherperson had said, in the southwest England of where I live. Great, Molly and Alf in the water, enjoying life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob, it will be fine. The dogs would spend all day by the water.

      Delete
  4. Good hotel, Adrian and bue shelter;))
    a hug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, the hotel looks fine I have never been in.

      Delete
  5. The long lens could come in handy for snapping lady guests at the Lodore Falls Hotel in their nighties or birthday suits when opening or drawing their room curtains. I have heard that Ann Widdecombe sometimes stays there. You will need a camouflage outfit and jungle face paint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YP, I'm glad I've finished eating. It seems a popular place for MPs.

      Delete
  6. That hotel looks amazing. I love how it's embedded in the woods. Molly and Alf are adorable!

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mersad, it is built from local slate. I've always liked the building but have never been in.

      Delete
  7. Rutting stags do make a hell of a noise, don't they? Is it supposed to attract the ladies or repel the opposition?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frances, repel the opposition I think. It's quite a melancholy sound as it echos round the valley.

      Delete
  8. Adriaan what a beautiful Hotel yes barest here wwerman too heavy storm hopefully be very happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bas, it looks good. They usually over estimate storms.

      Delete
  9. I must return to the Lodore Falls Hotel and see what it's like these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graham, I have never been in but know someone that has. Not worth the money was her opinion. There again not much in the Lakes is.

      Delete
  10. Really love the first photo of the Hotel with the long lens. The photos of your little dogies are great as well they sure look sweet as they are sniffing about and getting all wet. They sure love the water. Stay safe and batten down the hatches my friend, and stay dry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Horst, it looks good from this angle. I walk past it most days and it's not as impressive from the rear.

      Delete
  11. I hope that you and your adorable canines stay dry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilary, there's not much chance of that but not to worry.

      Delete
  12. Torrential rain in October doesn't sound good. It's cold rain.I just saw 4 mule deer on a busy corner as I came home from downtown.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty rough here at the moment Adrian. Keep safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keith, as usual it isn't as bad here as forecast. I'll go out as soon as it's light.
      You watch yourself and don't get blown away.

      Delete
  14. Hi Adrian Hope you survived the high winds last night. Love all the dog shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, I am sheltered here and the rain was only an inch in six hours so about par for the Lake District.

      Delete
  15. Nice images of Alf. Guessing you've got a little time yet to capture images of the stags. Hope you get them. The winds are whipping up here this morning - Acers loosing all their wonderful colour :-(

    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving comments :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shirley I can't hear them today. I'll wander over to that side of the valley tomorrow and have another look.

      Delete
    2. Nice to see the pooches take centre stage.

      Delete
    3. Always a good stop gap John.

      Delete
  16. this place ... it's so wonderful as in a dream

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, it is a peaceful place to be. I am always dreaming.

      Delete
  17. Replies
    1. Maria, they are tying but generally excellent company.

      Delete