ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Friday 10 April 2015

BEE DOCTOR. (10/04/15)

I have never seen so many different Bumble Bees. There are white tailed ones, red tailed ones and some about halfway between not to mention the smaller versions of both.

I have been playing with macro for ages. It is useful to be able to take shots hand held with flash to freeze motion but I wondered if there would be better image sharpness by tripod mounting the camera and lens, using mirror lock up and cable release. There is but of course most shots are out of focus so I think I’ll stick to hand holding and just timing my camera rock and shutter finger. I also think the novelty value of the mirror is wearing off._V0G7909 A dust free Centipede for Douglas. If you see dust on this then give your screen a clean. Bugger I have just seen a bit or it might be it’s toe on the fourth leg back.

_V0G7920    This is another mirror shot and one that works for me. Whilst setting it up I heard a buzzing and noticed another bee had got itself all tangled in a spider web. I took a picture then having checked it’s bum for a sting started to unravel it using tweezers my fingers and a magnifying glass.

_V0G7915     Poor mite. It turned out to be a female and not a male as I got stung for my trouble. I got it untangled and gave it a bit of honey and water in the greenhouse. It was gone this morning so I’m a good bee untangler, if hopeless at Identifying them or even determining what sex they are.

The dogs had a haircut and look really posh.

_MG_3189      Molly posing.

_MG_3186      Alf plodding along. Very smart they are. Posh dogs.

Now a couple of you wanted horses; there are five here but I could only find two handy as the others were either being lunged or otherwise messed with.

_MG_3184   This is Brav. He was pretending to be asleep but his ears were moving. A lazy horse but he is a gentle giant.

_MG_3185   Rambo, a real beauty and a new member of the herd. He is a kind hearted beast but still finding his feet so can be a bit naughty. He loves to lift his head when being led in a collar and at seventeen hands and a bit it can have one airborne. Bad horse but pretty.

_MG_3196      I’ll leave you with a bee and some blossom.

Have a great weekend.

16 comments:

  1. White dogs, dust free mirrors I should've asked for an Aston Martin lol. The mirror images aren't tiring me I do love them. Great images Adrian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't complain about the dust on your macro photos. dust just show a better photo. Now some people requested horses. How long is it before you start something macro on the horses?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, macro+horses=horse fly if you're brave enough Adrian having been bitten I'd like to see a close up of what done the damage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clegs or horse flies are very attractive. It's a bit early for them here but if I see one I'll take it's picture.

      Delete
  4. Molly is cute :-) great pictures !

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear that you got stung by the bee while undertaking your nursing duties. I trust you were wearing your nurse's uniform. When a bee is reflected in a mirror you might say "Two bee or not two bee...that is the question".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YP, it was very nearly an ex-bee. Ungrateful blighter. Luckily Bumble Bee stings are very mild.

      Delete
  6. Much neater (the dogs)... :) And I like the mirror image of the bumble bee. Sorry you got stung by the other one but perhaps one can't blame it for being a bit mistrustful of your good intentions (considering its recent experiences in the spider's web, I mean).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monica, they rarely sting and when they do it isn't a bad sting.

      Delete
  7. Some fine creatures in this post, haircuts and all. Love the shot of Brav.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay, The dogs were a bit overdue for a trim. Brav is a friendly horse.

      Delete