ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Tuesday 28 April 2015

BUCKET. (28/04/15)

Bucket, pronounced bouquet for the purposes of this post, a few little flowers and some medium ones.

I’ll start with with the one I don’t know though I should as I’m sure that Phil at CABINET OF CURIOSITIES has posted  the words and music about this little gem._V0G8114

_V0G8121     I ought to have let it dry out a bit as the poor thing is soaking. I found it while checking the side of the burn for Lords and Ladies. It was growing as a carpet around the base of Wild Garlic, Colt’s Foot and lots of other things.

EDIT: 0653h. 29.04.15.

After much perusal and help from Trevor I think the above is Golden Saxifrage._V0G8123     Wild Garlic.

coltsfootpan.     Colt’s Foot, the panoramic view.

_V0G8113

_V0G8112

_V0G8111

_V0G8108

_V0G8109   This is a stunted Red dead-nettle. It’s been deprived as it is growing on a cart track.

That’s it for the bucket bit. I saw a black pheasant but after circumnavigating half a field to get closer it turned out not to be black but it is very dark.

_MG_3368 On the way back I spotted………..

_MG_3341     A rabbit changing her bed or possibly hay making.

That’s all for today

19 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. R. Mac, cool it is -1C this morning with a nasty breeze.

      Delete
  2. Excellent macros Adrian. Very impressive.
    Lovely Pheasant too. I don't see many dark ones like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keith, it's the first time I've got a hand held shot at 5X and f16. I am slowly getting the hang of the strobe business.
      I was a bit pissed off with the pheasant I have seen it two or three times and it looked jet black but when I got close it was just darker than normal. Always thought they were noisy, daft birds.

      Delete
  3. Superb macros, as if I hadn't said it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bob, they are still a bit hit and miss but hopefully the more I take the better they will become.

      Delete
  4. Bucket, pronounced bouquet, this yank had to smile Onslo is my hero...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dale, I had forgotten all about Onslo. I still can't remember the name of the programme but do recall Mrs Bucket.

      Delete
    2. Keeping up Appearances or something similar

      Delete
  5. I think the pheasant is a turkey, and the rabbit is moving house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Frances. I think you are mistaken but the bird whatever it is doesn't know what it is.

      Delete
  6. You gave us a good look at your bucket list. As I've said before macro let's us see things we'd never see with only the eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red, I am now working on the light. I like the garlic but the nettle is not so good.

      Delete
  7. Unbelievable macros. Simply beautiful.
    Greetings, Miklos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miklos, it is good to see you here and thank you.

      Delete
  8. Great macros although I think the flowers look prettier from a distance, minus the hairy bits. Love the rabbit. Reminds me to get myself going; I need to go to town to get the groceries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pauline, I am not going to stop the macro any time soon. I am slowly getting better but it is slowly. I need a shopping trip but will leave it till tomorrow. It's cold and wet here.

      Delete
  9. You've got the macro shooting off to a T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, it's good days and bad. I have a long way to go. I think hand held and strobe suits me but the results can be a bit unpredictable.

      Delete