ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Thursday 30 April 2015

I’M GONNA BE. (30/04/15)

The Proclaimers are a famous Fife band. They walked five hundred miles. I have done a bit of that today. I walked into town for food, baccy and came back with a bottle of campanology.

I saw Rosemarie yesterday and they want to sneak off from their farm and the campsite so asked if I could feed Dozer the dog, the hens and watch the barley growing.

I have enjoyed a life of solitude here but now I have four neighbours so will no doubt have to become an ablution cleaner as well. The dogs think all their birthdays have come at once; six dogs, seven including Dozer, all to run amok with; Dozer isn’t into running.. I forget bank holiday weekends. The dogs here are great but there is a year old Alsatian/ Collie/summat that had a go at the hens. It is only a pup and needs to be told; it’s mum said, as I caught it by the scruff of it’s neck and said bad dog and slapped it’s bum hard, leave him alone he’s only a puppy…. Nowt I could say….I’m in charge here and didn’t think ‘Daft Totty’ as a retort was good for PR. I bet a pound to a shilling she is the one that can’t hit the hole in the kazi. There is always one with a sphincter like a muck spreader.

We set off on our hundredth of five hundred miles.

_MG_3402        Moll thinks she knows the way.

_MG_3403      Hurry up.

_MG_3404

_MG_3405

_MG_3406    I love the ever changing light through the woods on this road.

_MG_3407    Then we hit the main road. I hate it, it makes my feet hurt.

_MG_3408      There are some pretty views…. A Lomond hill.

_MG_3413    Eventually Auchtermuckty is within hobbling distance and we haven’t got wet.

_MG_3417    The white wall is our destination. An ATM for my rent, and behind that all manner of things like bread and potatoes and apples and cheeses and Bells and baccy. It is like paradise in there but the wild garlic is free and has a wonderful taste rabbit is great and free but they do get a funny taste when they are lactating; happen they are out of season.

_MG_3419  I am not a town person. This is okay. The dogs didn’t get run over and neither did I.

_MG_3421             The Town hall clock. I like tower clocks so will ask for access and have a look.

_MG_3415           This wee water supply system is different..

_MG_3416  This to me is a typical Scottish town.

There is little town planning in Scotland in fact little planning at all but I have tried to show the positive side to my five mile walk.

I Wanna Be the worlds best macro snapper whether I’m Gonna be only time will tell.

That’s life.

38 comments:

  1. Didn't take you long to be put in charge Adrian. Good for you! The landscape is very different to your panoramas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, it's where I am. These are all prime lens Canon posh 50mm.
      Be a darling and tell me if the new blender grass generator is worth mega bucks.

      Delete
    2. Nothing is worth mega bucks Adrian. What are they doing charging for add-ons for open source? The world has gone crazy ~ new commercial models popping up everywhere. Bean counters!

      Delete
    3. I believe Andrew Price is a fellow countryman of yours. Naughty Aussie.

      Delete
  2. What a great and beautiful places you have taken us to. This is another one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta Bob. I am trying. I was about knackered when I got home.

      Delete
  3. A man cannot live on wild garlic alone...
    Looks like a nice walk through the woods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monica, it is one of the most delicate and yet hardy plants. It is wonderful here.

      Delete
  4. Super pictures! Love the landscapes, but the town shots really took me there. I used to study campanology....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bill campanology a worthwhile occupation. I was alluding to Bells Whiskey which is not good. Sod it it's as good as it gets. Who really wants reality.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my closest friends was brought up in that town: a splendid little place. I have really fallen in love with your little woodland though. You are welcome to the problems of the dogs and toilets though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graham, it is a grand corner of the world. I don't have problems I have opportunities or that's what I tell myself on a good day.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the walk and town tour ~ quite a hike you had! I have been enjoying seeing all of your macro photos ~ amazing to see the plants, insects and spiders up close. (not so keen on the spiders - they give me the squidgys ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glo, it's an easy walk it's all down hill going. I am waiting for the weather to warm up for the insects. Spiders are fine they have six eyes.

      Delete
  8. Adrian Those pics are simply beautiful, i feel so good just looking at this place and your pics and walking, the forest, the landscape, the village, i really enjoyed this post, thanks for sharing such a beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, I picked a good day for shopping. Good light and a bit of interest in the sky.

      Delete
  9. I liked images 1,2,3,5&6 it felt like I was sharing the 500 mile walk to the shop with you. What a gem of clock tower/town hall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Douglas, I will try and get some pictures of the tower clock. It was hard work coming home with a rucksack full of food.

      Delete
  10. A beautiful looking place, quiet with a lovely tower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, it is a pretty little town.

      Delete
  11. I'm very glad no one got run over. That backwoods road was delightful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. R.Mac, neither I nor the dogs are very good in town. We were fine in the woods.

      Delete
  12. It looks like a wonderful place to visit... I love your lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew, I can't imagine living in a house. This is perfect for me.

      Delete
  13. This was a great walk with a couple of good stories. Why is it that the most unruly dogs have such idiots for owners? Not many of these villages are left as box stores take over and everybody drives to the box stores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red, I will have to drive to Glenrothes for a supermarket shop next week but this place has all the essentials.

      Delete
  14. Lovely changing scenery along your walk Adrian.
    I hope your new found importance doesn't go to your head now that you've been proclaimed (!) top bog and dog watcher?
    I've got a quest for you next time you make that epic walk into town...can you find out why the clock face on the 'sunny side' of the tower isn't in the middle?
    And another question... the 'wee water' from that pump!...has it got some sort of efficacious qualities?....[;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trevor, promotion at last.
      I noticed the clock. I'll try and get inside the tower but It is rarely possible these days as the safety elves are worried about folk falling, or getting their fingers stuck in the clock movement.
      I think the pump is now defunct but it looks interesting.

      Delete
  15. I Proclaim that to be a good walk.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Replies
    1. Not great Dirk but acceptable. I have loads of filters but now just use the adjustment brush in Adobe RAW.

      Delete
  17. Las primeras fotos se parece a Béjar Adrian. Los perros van más listos que tú :))Ese campo amarillo paracen flores de soga .
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, las flores están oleaginosa Violación. Son similares a los de linaza pero que tiene flores de color púrpura. Yo no tomo fotos de pueblos muy a menudo por lo que era hoy un cambio.

      Delete
  18. Lomond hill is beautiful and very liked your photos about Auchtermuckty. What a great country feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  19. We benefit from your walk - beautiful photos! I am visiting UK again from Australia and finally decided I was getting too old to lug the big Canon. Have gone to the little Olympus EM 10 (used to love my OM2). Jean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jean, I could do with a lighter set up. I used Olympus for years but was not at all happy with the E-5 so switched to Canon and am happy with everything but the build quality which is not as robust as Olys.

      Delete