ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Wednesday 27 July 2011

TIME FOR TEA (27/07/11)

Yesterday we went out looking for Dragonflies………..I saw one in the morning but failed on our second trip out.OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         Alfie fell in the canal………….Again!………He is a daft dog.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA            The Water Lilies were in full bloom.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAThis I’m going to call a Fringed Water Lily.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA     A Blue tailed Damsel Fly, not a Dragon Fly but the next best thing.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA     A pair of Common Blue Damsel Flies.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA       Another pair. Lucky devils!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAA Common Blue all on it’s own.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAI think this is Common Knapweed…………….it is a perfect time of the year for flowers.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAFinally Great Burnet…..No Dragon flies but a satisfying wander before tea time……………Now back to some more editing.

See you soon…………

6 comments:

  1. Poor Alfie.

    A lovely selection Adrian. Those damselflies are always at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keith, thanks, Alfie is dim. I was sitting down trying to catch a Heron feeding this morning and he was lying on the edge stones of the old gunpowder wharf. He decided to roll onto his back and....splash. The third time he has been in. This time as he was two feet down I had to help him out. Even a relaxed Heron does not tolerate that commotion. in this shot he just went for a drink and assumed duck weed was grass!

    John, they could be better. I was using a Sigma 50mm-500mm lens. I bought it before I knew any better. It's hopeless at 50mm and only good up to about fifteen metres at full chat. The light is also a bit harsh.....excuses. A bad workman..ETC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm enjoying today's selection. Can't decide whether Alfie's exploits count as whimsy but I think I'll assume they do. Love whimsy. As you said, daft dog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Graham, he's just a bit thick.

    Horst, many thanks.

    ReplyDelete