ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Thursday 13 October 2011

SOME DAYS! (13/10/11)

I was up at four thirty this morning, I looked out of the door and was greeted by a starry sky………..had a couple of espresso, charged the flash batteries. Looked out again and it was foggy. Went back to bed but couldn’t sleep as I’d had too much coffee.

The dogs didn’t seem interested in going out so I waited till eight, reopenned the door and lost the little sods. They were out like greyhounds after rabbits which I had failed to notice. No point me shouting, they take no notice and I just look a noisy fool. I eventually tracked them down and off we set in fog…….makes a change from rain.OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA   Not the rabbit’s fault……….it knows it’s safe the warren is only a couple of yards away. The daft thing is the dogs don’t kill them. If they get close enough the rabbit freezes and they just give it a sniff. Molly pokes them up the bum with her nose to try and get them running again………..it doesn’t work!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA    We are well in to autumn………….On I plodded looking for birds. This used to be a good place with Kestrel, Owls and all the usual small birds. It is now overrun by Jackdaws and Magpies. I suspect these are pinching eggs from the smaller birds and have driven the Kestrel away.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA   A Jackdaw…………a handsome bird but they can be a noisy pest.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA   My birding was a disaster……………….this is the only other image I managed in an hour of sitting waiting and the same walking.

I can’t even do the crossword.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA  

Some days are like this but there have been far too many lately. I’ll finish with one of my favourite images from this year.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA  Hells Angel and his dog.

It’s sunny now but I am out visiting tonight so will have to get polished up.

Tomorrow will be good weather. It will……..It will!

11 comments:

  1. The Hells Angel and his dog are ready for this evening as well, poor dog. Good photography Adrian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really great shot of the Hell's Angel and his dog Adrian....Enjoy your evening!

    -Trevor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had to laugh at Molly's encounter with the rabbits. Sounds like something Jim would do.

    Enjoy your night out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...pictures of a beautiful day, Adrian! Good pics.

    Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely image of the Jackdaw and another amusing read. The image I have in my head of Molly sniffing the rabbit..priceless.

    Re Delamere Forest there is a fairly new Camping and Caravanning site next to the Station..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures Adrian. Looks like the weather is set to be a little better tomorrow.

    That last picture....is that how you and the dogs dress for an evening out?...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure tomorrow will be a better day, it will be sunny. Keep grumping...oops, I mean smiling! :))))
    Rabbits? They all have myxomatosis down here and I'm glad there is this sort of natural selection because they are a real pest...
    Love your Hells Angel and his dog, that's really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bob, daft as i think it is the dog loves it.

    Claudia, many thanks.

    Andrew, I know about the camp site ..thanks. I'll give it a visit. The Jackdaws need managing. They have trebled in numbers.
    My dogs are daft.

    Trevor, NO. They didn't come they are not allowed in hospitals. Hell Dogs or not.

    Dee Bee, Mixy is a horrible end for them. I thought it had died out. They are a pest but until people start shooting and eating Rabbits and corvus then they will get out of control.
    I have another Croque Mort Chien...I'll post it for you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trevor, I must catalogue my hells Angel pictures. Brilliant subjects.

    Keith, no real evening out. The dogs are a touch silly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even I would be brave enough to ask that Hells Angel for a shot. I agree, brilliant subjects. Look at his gentle fingers, melts the heart a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pauline, they are fine and generally very photogenic........I suspect they are also a wee bit mad.

    ReplyDelete